View Single Post
Old June 10 2014, 07:54 PM   #93
Mage
Commodore

Re: LE: One Constant Star by David R. George III Review Thread (Spoile

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Thrawn wrote: View Post
Ok.

Honestly - I'm mostly just sad at how much you're missing out on an incredible story.

And to anyone else not quite so closed-minded reading this exchange: allow me to assure you, this is just a difference of opinion. kirk55555 literally does not understand the story in any way shape or form. Don't let his description turn you away from it. No one who read the book would think any of that bullshit.
Except the fact where I read the entire summary of the story, and got fairly in-depth details I mean, I haven't read the book so my opinion obviously shouldn't be taken as a review of the story. My opinion is that I would hate the book. This is not a blurb I'm basing my opinion off of, its detailed summaries of the events and motivations for the events of the book. I haven't said anything that was bullshit, it can all be backed up just by the summaries. I did make a few conclusions about Harriman's motivation (maybe he honestly didn't see his choice of romulan ship/captain for his plan as revenge, although we can argue whether it was or not) but the events happened as I said, unless Memory beta has been severely screwed with. Its fine if you don't agree with me, but I've got a pretty good grasp on the basics of the situation. Whatever stupid characterization harriman might have been given doesn't matter.

As for it being an "incredible story", that's your opinion. Everyone likes different things. I prefer starfleet officers that don't commit fake (or real) atrocities, at least not without an actual, definitive end of the federation level situation.
Read the book, then judge. You can't judge a book from an recap on Memory Beta, get any of the characters deepest motivations. If you honoustly believe you understand a novel simply by reading Memory Beta.... I mean, I got nothing. Seriously, nothing. That is beyond reason.