View Single Post
Old June 3 2014, 01:34 AM   #11
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Speculations on Star Trek 3?

BillJ wrote: View Post
I'm watching Star Trek: The Motion Picture right now on HDNet Movies. While I would love another Trek movie in that vein, I'm simply not sure in would sell in the current entertainment environment.
For everyone that jumps on the Abrams movies for goofs and plot holes. The Motion Picture has quite a few as well.

*Scott giving Kirk the VIP tour of the Enterprise exterior when his launch window had just been tightened.

*Kirk (and apparently Chekov) not knowing that the phasers have been channeled through the warp drive. Seems like a design change that the Chief of Starfleet Operations should know about the frontline vessels of Starfleet.

*Ilia destroyed by V'ger then sent back to the Enterprise as a robot in a super skimpy outfit, complete with stripper heels.

Add to that Decker comes off as a complete moron for most of the movie, the Abrams movies come off looking even better in the absurdities department.

Still, The Motion Picture is my favorite Star Trek movie.