View Single Post
Old June 2 2014, 08:55 PM   #21
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: What Should Be Done for Star Trek's 50th

Doctorwhovian wrote: View Post
Thing about Doctor Who though is that it's been back in TV production since 2005 and has been really popular, while Trek has really just had the two movies recently.
Remember howe ver that DW went for 16 years with only a single TV Movie produced.

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post

Doctor Who had one 50th special that did bring back a couple of previous doctors. They probably had some tv interviews or whatnot, but on BBC America I remember just the 50th Anniversary Special. Of course merchandise too.
Would that be The five(ish) Doctors reboot?

Which was actually quite good, it's a shame it was on the Red Button instead of being broadcast on one of the BBC TV channels.
Nah I mean the 50th Anniversary special that they aired on BBC (in my case BBC America).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Doctor

Tom Baker was really the only "before new" doctor to be featured. But they showed images at the end of them all if I recall correctly.
In addition to the above the BBC also did

An Adventure in Time and Space about the making of DW.

Night of the Doctor which had the Doctor in just not the one we were expecting.

The difference however was DW was in production on TV at the time had it not been I expect we wouldn't have had much.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote