View Single Post
Old August 21 2007, 12:36 PM   #17
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Orac Zen said:
Figured I'd get that in before Neroon does.
That was wise, Grasshopper. So here's one of mine, a popular one that I will get in:

From "Z'ha'dum", rendered by the unmatched gravity of Andreas Katsulas' voice....
G'kar: "It was the end of the Earth year, 2260, and the war had paused, suddenly and unexpectedly. All around us, it was as if the universe were holding it's breath ... Waiting. All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments of revelation. This had the feeling of both."
----
"G'Quon wrote, there is a greater darkness then the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities. It is against chaos and despair! Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition to born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

And a personal favorite of mine that is not often quoted. It has real substance in it:
As you continue on your path, you will lose some friends and gain some new ones. The process is painful, but often necessary. They will change and you will change, because life is change. From time to time, they must find their own way and that way may not be yours. Enjoy them for what they are and remember them for what they were.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote