View Single Post
Old May 15 2014, 07:20 PM   #78
David Mack
Writer

View David Mack's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Vanguard series

Actually, the “soundtrack” for Star Trek Vanguard, when I was writing, was a mix of movie and TV scores. The original Star Trek TV music was definitely in there, but so was music from the 2003 reboot of Battlestar Galactica; James Newton Howard's score of King Kong was prominent in my mind while I wrote Reap the Whirlwind; the Bombay's battle with the Tholians in Harbinger was choreographed to Gustav Holst's “Mars, the Bringer of War” from The Planets; and Hans Zimmer's work from several soundtracks (especially Inception and the Batman films) and the soundtrack of the CGI Beowulf inspired much of the action in my final entries in the saga.

After you finish reading the last novel in the saga, check out this special three-hour podcast: The Music of Star Trek Vanguard. It explores specific pieces of music that were part of the Vanguard saga's narrative, as well as those that influenced the series' plot, characters, and/or relationships. In addition to a discussion of the music, the complete tracks are included in the streaming program.

Join me on Facebook & Twitter
David Mack is offline   Reply With Quote