View Single Post
Old May 14 2014, 09:15 PM   #41
Christopher
Writer

Re: Why Enterprise did not carry the Star Trek name

patweb wrote: View Post
Yet the news thrives on unconfirmed sources. Just sayin.
Not legitimate news. What passes for "news" on TV today may be content to pass along mere rumors, but there was a time when no respectable journalist would report anything that they didn't hear from two different, known, credible sources.

patweb wrote: View Post
The whole discussion board lives on opinion and theory. You now have mine to do with as you will.
Facts are more real than opinions. Reality is what it is regardless of what anyone believes about it. So if an opinion contradicts known facts, that opinion is simply wrong. It's not an equally valid point of view, it's just false.

I really don't understand why you're taking this so personally. There's no shame in admitting one was wrong about something -- it's the only way we learn and increase our wisdom. There is shame, however, in continuing to deny overwhelming evidence that one is wrong. Especially when there's nothing to be gained by doing so. Nobody here has a stake in the rightness or the wrongness of this idea, so there's no reason to take it personally or be upset that it isn't true.

Written Worlds -- My blog