View Single Post
Old August 19 2007, 12:49 AM   #46
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Star Trek Movie FAQ

So what, are you reading the special Canadian versions of these novelizations?

digifan said:
According to the novelization of TWoK, Saavik had an impulsive fling with David and was pregnant with his baby in TSFS.
Umm, no. Saavik and David had a fling at the beginning of the TSFS novelization. Neither the TSFS novel nor the TVH novel mention her being pregnant with anybody's child.

Her mindmeld with young Spock on Genesis was to stablize his ordeal through pon farr. I don't accept the implimentation of Saavik becoming pregnant with nothing more than a few touches of the fingers.
What, you never heard of foreplay?

(The only time I had seen this happening was Miss Q and Q doing a quickie in The Q and the Grey but that is a different matter altogether. )
Not to mention it doesn't have jack shit to do with anything.

This may explain why she was hesitant when she wanted to tell Kirk about David in TVH and the dismissal glance Spock gave Saavik at the end of TSFS. IMO I like this explanation better than the nearly surreal scenario given in the script or the TVH commentary.
More like Spock's glance kind of embarrassed her, because she knew what they'd done on Genesis. And her awkward goodbye to Kirk was probably awkward because they were discussing her "condition" before she tells him about David's brave death. But please, read things into it that aren't there.

However the debate continues.
Only in your head.

Last edited by cardinal biggles; January 5 2009 at 05:17 AM.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote