View Single Post
Old May 11 2014, 10:38 PM   #12
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: So I started watching "Babylon 5" for the first time.

Tribble puncher wrote: View Post
I saw parts of episodes here and there in the 90's when it aired, but was never interested in it....even back then, it looked cheap (sets wise), c.g.i. was pretty cool at the time,plus having not followed the show, I had no Idea what was going on. but now.....

The sets look REALLY cheap, it almost looks like a highschool play. and the effects look like Playstation One cut scenes, however, it is fairly well acted, and the show is starting off a little slow right now, but there is something about it that suggest the show gets stronger as it goes on. hoping I'm right, I need to return the dvd's to my friend in a timely manner, hoping to finish the series in a month.
You've got to remember B5 was one of the first TV shows to make extensive use of CGI, and for it's day they were decent enough to do what they need to do. As with anything they improve over the show.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote