View Single Post
Old May 6 2014, 04:53 PM   #5330
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Christopher wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Doc Ock's a Gary Stu and a rather vile person when you actually stop to think about some of the stuff he is doing (and that says something since he basically murdered Peter Parker and stole his life to start this thing)...
Uhh, yeah, of course he is. He's a supervillain -- what did you expect? The whole point of this storyline (so I gather, not having read it yet) is to examine what happens when a villain takes over Spider-Man's life. Of course Doc Ock is going to be a worse hero than Peter Parker -- that's the whole point. So that can't be called a failure of storytelling.
Actually I was thinking more of the ramifications of Otto Octavius having sex with someone while they think he's Peter Parker and whether or not that can be considered rape

And I don't understand how a character who's been a major, ongoing antagonist in the series since the third issue of the comic could be considered a "Gary Stu."
the fact that book seems to be saying that Otto is totally a better person than Peter Parker at times.

Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote