View Single Post
Old May 5 2014, 10:39 PM   #1005
diankra
Commodore

Re: Last Classic Who Story you watched

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Underworld was an ok serial. The cave interiors were pretty lame, they seemed to be early green/blue screen or something similar. It just looked pretty bad, and it didn't help the average story to have unimpressive locations. The story kind of felt like a bit of a retread of The Face of Evil, and it was a bit bland compared to that story. The gold headed minions were kind of interesting looking, but that was the only thing interesting about the villains. I liked the idea of a culture that the Timelords accidentally screwed up, but it wasn't a big factor in the story unfortunately. Overall it wasn't a bad story, but it wasn't very memorable. Next up will be the serial I accidentally skipped over, The Sun Makers.
Bluescreen work: yep, it is. The producer went on holiday and came back to find the designer had spent the entire budget on the spaceship set, leaving none for the caves (he maybe thought the BBC had some in store). They saved the day by doing it all as CSO.
On Survival : it's a Gaia thing - the planet becomes unstable when people fight. And the Doctor and the Master have been fighting for a loooooong time.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote