View Single Post
Old May 5 2014, 08:20 PM   #22
J. Allen
Remember... Remember.

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: MLP:FIM S4E24 - "Equestria Games" - Grading & Discussion

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
I LIKE CURLING AND FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T.

Good episode overall. I appreciate the producers making the games a character episode rather than actually about the games; that works for me because otherwise we'd be re-treading the stuff we've already don in the episode running up to the games themselves. Spike's stage mojo was a little unfocused, but at least it wasn't a direct repeat of Fluttershy's stagefright earlier this season. Plus there is plenty of world building payoff here, between the Griffon nation (GOTTA go there someday!), the return of the "horses" from Saddle Arabia, some other delegates we've never seen before, etc.

And I also liked the ice archery. Seems awful dangerous to have ONE errant arrow potentially cause disaster in the stands... Shouldn't some pegasi have been minding the clouds above?

Mark
I betcha that weather manager got fired.
I've noticed that about your people, Doctor. You find it easier to understand the death of one than the death of a million. You speak about the objective hardness of the Vulcan heart, yet how little room there seems to be in yours. - Spock, The Immunity Syndrome

Leonard Nimoy: 1931 - 2015
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote