Wheeeeeeee! I really enjoyed it. Spike is the type of dragon who is friendly, and capable, but sometimes makes mistakes at the worst possible moment. Of course, this was going to happen anyway, being a Spike episode, but I think they played it off very nicely. I felt his nervousness when he first stepped out in front of that crowd; thousands of cheering ponies, many of them seeing Spike as a national hero. Of course that's going to make one nervous!
Twilight helping Spike was very sweet. I can understand her distress at seeing her number one assistant unable to light the torch, and doing it to save face for him, and I also understand Spike's disappointment at finding out it wasn't him after all.
A few fun things of note:
* Twilight gets her own throne at the games, though you can see she'd rather be celebrating with her friends.
* Spike only wants the green gems (a reference to either green M&Ms from Wayne's World, or the brown M&Ms from the Van Halen story)
* Miss Harshwinny's not very good at making other ponies relax.
* Spike's singing of the Cloudsdale anthem was hilarious.
* Pinkie Pie's immediate comment of "nailed it!", from way back in the crowd, was doubly hilarious.
* Speaking of, I felt for everyone around Pinkie, including that poor stallion who became her "seat."
* Dash winning Silver and being thrilled. This was a great example of growth for her.
* We learn that there are instant magic inhibitors, which answers a question I had about cheating at the games.
* Spike learning that confidence comes from within.
If I have any complaints, it's that we didn't get to see enough of the games, and that I was hoping the Games would encompass the last three episodes.
All in all, though, a wonderful episode, and I gave it an "A."