View Single Post
Old May 1 2014, 03:58 PM   #993
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Last Classic Who Story you watched

diankra wrote: View Post
Next 4th Doctor story should be The Sunmakers, which was made before Fendahl but run after: it's a Robert Holmes script, the last he wrote in his time as script editor (which might be why it was run after Fendahl, as it made it easier to pretend he wasn't double-jobbing, which was banned outside of emergencies: which is why there were six Holmes-written scripts which were either officially emergencies, or credited to pseudonymous writers over the previous few years. Alternatively, they maybe wanted to run the 'ghost story' Fendahl at Halloween).
I meant The Sunmakers, I don't know why I said Underworld was next. I guess I just wasn't paying much attention.

diankra wrote: View Post
But whatever else we might disagree on, I'm with you 110%on Troughton's Doctor. So good you wonder why he doesn't scare anyone else from taking on the role. "I can never match that." (watching some of his slapstick bits. "Phew... Ok, so he's not always brilliant, just sometimes funny. I can do funny.")
Yeah, I think the 2nd Doctor could easily be one of my favorites, and I do plan to eventually watch more of his stuff. Maybe after season 15 I'll give the fourth doctor a bit of a break and get into more 2nd Doctor stuff.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote