View Single Post
Old April 30 2014, 03:39 PM   #5
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Had the Maquis Narrative Continued?

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
I'd assume the Federation would finagle granting them independence so they wouldn't have to actively deal with them threatening the peace. Starfleet has to prevent Federation citizens from attacking the Cardassian Union, not citizens of the Maquis Empire from reconquering a portion of the Cardassian Union.
I wonder if the Dominion wuld make that distinction?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
The Dominion may have wiped out the active Maquis body, but did that still solve the issue why the Maquis was created to begin with? After the Dominion War, what's the reason the Maquis wouldn't be rebuilt?

One of the many things Voyager didn't dive into, even though it should have. Did Chakotay, Torres, etc... all forget why they joined the Maquis? What would they do after they returned to the Alpha Quadrant?

I doubt given the devastion wrought upon Cardassia Prime, and the military losses incurred over a war which lasted a couple of years that the Cardassian Union would be in much of position to make any demands.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote