View Single Post
Old April 28 2014, 10:59 AM   #4593
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
I hear you, its why I don't join pugs. Thankfully, I have access to PublicEliteSTF and the various dps channels who generally are good players with good builds so I don't have to face the continual frustration of public groups.

It is worse with the new season 9 "STFs" like Undine Assault Elite. Even good players suddenly find their ship totally not ready for the level of punishment that the swarms of Undine ships bring. Timelord, Vendikarr and I played one last night and one of the public player just dropped out after the first 10 minutes. Thankfully, the remaining four of us managed to push the swarm back and eventually won.
That was a good run. We did miss beating the timer, and not by much. The Planet-killer was at 20% health when it ran out. I'm not sure what the timer does, but if we had five players instead of four, we may have beaten it.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended. - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote