View Single Post
Old April 27 2014, 09:19 PM   #9
Re: Best Season-long Story arc

Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
Not really. The Entropy arc consists of only the 18th season. The entropy caused by the Logopolitans' inability to contain the destruction of the universe created the E-Space entry for the Doctor and Romana to get in. And thats all after the Doctor started using the Randomizer again. The story concludes in Logopolis.

Its a subtle arc, I admit, but the intent is there.

The Master's Return arc is only three stories long, and consists of the last two stories of the 18th season, with a forced tag-along of Castrovalva in the next season - Bidmead didn't think the story would be followed-up upon so directly before they called him to write the Fifth Doctor's opening story.

Finally, I made the thread about the season-long arcs, ones that run more than a couple of stories in a given season. Thus why I also ignored other arcs, like the Black Guardian trilogy in series 20 of OldWho.
Entropy was only a factor in Logopolis not some season long story arc, season eight isn't a story arc either other than the MAster there's nothign tying the stories together. And really David Tennant's final stories aren't even part of a season just a series of specials. The Key To Time was the series first ever season long story arc and The Trial Of A Time Lord was the next, but they were new concepts even back in those days.
The greatest science fiction series of all time is
Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on, one-by-one
or all in a bunch to back it up!"
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote