View Single Post
Old April 27 2014, 05:49 PM   #3583
BritishSeaPower
Captain

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Finished out Plagues of Night late last night. Excellent read. At times a little slow but with some great insight into characters. (Though, I'm not really certain how well the Ro distrusts Blackmer because she liked the last guy better sub-plot works for Ro's character.)

I also immediately started in on Raise the Dawn last night, too. Staying up till 2:30 to get through those first 50 pages. Excited for this one. I do really appreciate DRG's ability to build interesting "enemy" characters across book one and then dispose of them literally 10 pages into the second book.

UPDATE: Also, I couldn't help but notice that Plagues references the events of Indistinguishable from Magic a few times, which makes its eventual "decanonization" even more confusing. Though I must admit that I really didn't buy Geordi's argument for downgrading in rank and it seemed like something DRG was asked to write in and he did his best to come up with something.

Last edited by BritishSeaPower; April 27 2014 at 06:35 PM.
BritishSeaPower is offline   Reply With Quote