View Single Post
Old April 25 2014, 02:37 AM   #2038
Christopher
Writer

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
My guess is that they're going to take the approach that there have been superheroes and otherworldly things around for a while but that they've been below the radar and it's the emergence of Superman that brings them into full public view.
Yeah, that could be. Certainly we know that Batman's going to be portrayed as an older, veteran crimefighter.

Anyway, the premise of Man of Steel wasn't that the discovery of superheroes was unprecedented and worldshaking, but that the discovery of aliens was. So they can't have Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern predating Superman (unless GL keeps the basis of his powers a secret), but the world as established doesn't necessarily rule out a pre-existing Wonder Woman or Cyborg or the Flash, say. (Although I think it's probably more likely that they'll use Kryptonian tech as the basis for Cyborg's cybernetics and a source of other acquired superpowers, the way the MCU has done with Asgardian and Chitauri tech.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote