View Single Post
Old April 23 2014, 09:33 PM   #14
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Re: Welcome to the future

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
The joke is that you think those people are intelligent. They obviously aren't where anything scientific is concerned.
How about, perceived as intellignet because they help run very successful businesses. And yes, I know the ability to make a lot of $$ isn't equal to intelligence.

But outside academia, the debate club, and in here - and in the real world - many people perceive top business leaders as, "intelligent," - and that's just real life.

In any case, I'm not interested in getting into a debate with you about this minor sub-text but rather wanted to share at least what I've seen is an alarming change in some people's views on global warming because of the 2014 winter.
You mean you felt the need to chime in with the laughably common anecdote that some people think a cold winter means global warming isn't real? Well, thanks for that. It's a service I'm sure none other could have provided.
Despite your snarkiness, the problem here is that these people he's mentioning in particular are the ones with the power to do something to change things. But since they don't believe it, nothing will change.