View Single Post
Old April 22 2014, 03:03 PM   #28
bbailey861
Admiral

Re: "Two Takes" Frakes

To be sure, when TNG first started I was not a fan of Frakes. Looking back, the only excuse I can offer is that when he walked, I thought he was trying too hard to mimic John Wayne's walk and being a fan of Duke, I thought he poking fun at both Duke and Star Trek and I didn't like it.

Anyway, all these years on, I have become a great admirer of both Jonathan Frake's work on TNG (other shows, too) and his ability to direct. Reading about him and listening to him convinced me that he really gave his best to Trek and tried to raise the bar on the quality of the franchise. His directing ability is also really quite good and the quality of his work is noticeable. I did not know that he directed an episode of Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. - I hope he gets a few more gigs. I really do enjoy that show. Finally, yes, he really should have directed Nemesis. I have no doubt that with his input - both in having some influence in making script adjustments and directing the cast - that the movie would have been far better.

Last edited by bbailey861; April 22 2014 at 06:46 PM.
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote