View Single Post
Old April 14 2014, 11:26 AM   #24
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Re: Nine years ago today

Great stuff, though I didn't see the episode until Sci-Fi aired it in the US (probably months later, I don't remember when exactly). I had heard of Doctor Who and seen a random episode here and there of the old show on my local PBS, but when I saw commercials for the show and saw the praise for the show here I decided to give it a shot since it started the week after the season finale of Battlestar Galactica and I wanted some sci-fi show to watch.

I fell in love with the show from the first episode. I also started watching the old show on my local PBS on Saturday night and got to see most of the 4th, 5th, 6th and the 7th Doctors run before they stopped showing old episodes.

Although I prefer Tennant and Smith to Eccleston he still did a great job as the Doctor and really helped sell the show. The show was obviously quite a bit different from Battlestar Galactica, but it was a lot of fun and a little bit cheesy, while still being able to have big and serious moments.

Since then Doctor Who has pretty much become my favorite show on TV. The fact that they often change out the actors though regeneration and new companions keeps the show fresh for me.

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote