View Single Post
Old April 9 2014, 10:17 PM   #2029
Christopher
Writer

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
I don't know. There's a tendency to assume that any actor cast in a superhero movie has to be playing a high-profile character from the original comics, because that's more fun to speculate about, but that's not always the case. She could just be playing some new character: a doctor, a scientist, a lawyer, whatever.
Exactly why I'm skeptical of any rumor of that sort. If the character mentioned is someone entirely new, someone that couldn't have been speculated about by some rumor-starter who knows nothing about the actual film, then it's reasonable to take the claim seriously. But if it's something that any random fan would be likely to speculate anyway, then there's no basis for assuming it's true rather than just speculation.

True, the rumor says she might be playing a Leslie Thompkins surrogate rather that Leslie herself, but that could just be the result of adapting speculation to the announcement that they're all playing original characters -- trying to have it both ways. "I was still right about it being Leslie, because it'll be someone just like Leslie!" Yeah, not exactly convincing.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote