View Single Post
Old April 8 2014, 02:54 AM   #5008
Marion85
Ensign

I wasn't able to enjoy this on as much as the 2009 one. Because this one reused the villain from and a major scene from a previous movie I was always thinking how much better they were able to pull it in wrath of khan. In the 2009 they were doing their own thing, with their own story, in their own universe. This time, because of khan, was thinking how much better it would have been if it hadn't been khan. The so called dramatic reveal wasn't dramatic because I saw it coming from the preview. If cumberbatch had instead been one of khans subordinates rather than him himself, trying to FREE khan and his people, and then built cumberbatch as a badass loading khan as a bigger badass he was willing to follow out of respect, that would have added a layer of menace to his actions that was lacking. HE wasn't the big bad, he was trying to FREE the big bad.

Oh, and can someone tell me why you would hide a starship underwater rather than in space? Please? Other than to dramatically reveal it of course. Again you could have had almost same dramatic entrance with the enterprise diving in from space, with the excuse being that in order to get a transporter lock on Spock through the interference created by the volcano the had to get right on top of it.

Also, cure for death in khan blood? Death by radiation poisoning is the next best thing to immolation or dissolving in terms of making sure someone stays dead. It destroys on a cellular and molecular level, your DNA is Swiss cheese after. In the middle of a pitch battle with casualties presumably coming in from all over the ship, McCoy takes time from treating injured and dying people to test "what would happen if I shot this dead gribble I happen to have with some Khan blood for almost no reason". Why?

Also, have some issues with this movie btw.

Oh, but I did think of a convincing reason why the enterprise was able to barrel up to the front door of the capital world of their mortal enemies, then follow that up by flying to the planet and getting involved with a shoutout with a Klingon patrol, without a major and immediate but whooping. If the moon in orbit of Kronos, was in fact praxis (somehow), than it may be that the planet had been evacuated p, as it had needed to be in the Undiscovered Country, and that the planet was essentially abandoned and unguarded, but still to deep in Klingon space for the federation to risk sending a ship.

Last edited by M'Sharak; April 8 2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: this merge of 5 consecutive posts brought to you by the fine folks at TrekBBS
Marion85 is offline   Reply With Quote