View Single Post
Old April 6 2014, 05:06 PM   #4
starshipfan
Ensign

Re: Want to build an Execelsior bridge model

Thanks for the replies so far. Yes, I've seen the 35.5' overall diameter number in some thread or other, but that doesn't say if that's measured from the base of the stations, the back of the stations, or the turbolift doors.

I've also seen the "cartooney" on ex-astris-scientia.org, as well as a number of plans and diagrams on sites like http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php.

Many of these are excerpts from various Technical Manuals and "blueprint" issues, but most don't have accurate dimensions, if any. A couple of these are currently my best references, and they're for the TOS bridge .vs. the TMP bridge.

my biggest problem using the TMP bridge figures that I might extrapolate (aside from the obviously wrong depth for the central bridge) is that the perimeter stations differ so vastly between TMP and TFF/TUC. I have no reference for what the newer station profile and depth might be. BTW, is it just me, or did they seem to be going back toward the TOS style consoles in shape?

Anyway, that's where I am now.
starshipfan is offline   Reply With Quote