View Single Post
Old April 6 2014, 01:30 AM   #1723
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
I'm too lazy to google box office mojo but as I recall FC disappointed at the box office, making less than TLS or Origins, despite being the best-reviewed X-film since the second, if not best ever (for my money, it's even better than X2). So, given that its also the film with the least screen time for Logan, the reasons for putting Wolverine centre stage would seem to be pretty evident, if that's correct.
X-Men: First Class earned $146 million domestically on a $160 million budget. It also earned $350 million worldwide. It's the fifth lowest grossing X-Men film only trailing The Wolverine, which earned $130 million domestically. The Wolverine could be used as example of Wolverine's diminishing popularity or it could be as a result of the lackluster quality of X-Men Origins: Wolverine (even though that earned $180 million domestically and remains the third highest grossing X-Men film).

FWIW, X-Men: First Class is on par with X2: X-Men United over at Rotten Tomatoes. Both have a matching score of 87%. They are also the highest rated X-Men movies.

It'll be interesting to see how X-Men: Days of Future Past fares at the box office. X2: X-Men United was the last X-Men movie to break $200 million domestically and X-Men: The Last Stand still remains the highest grossing X-Men movie ever with $230 million domestically. The X-Men movies have never been high grossing films when it comes to the box office, but Days of Future Past has the bonus of having the best cast out of any previous X-Men movie to date including the biggest scope & action.