View Single Post
Old August 1 2007, 07:08 PM   #148
Nomad V
Fleet Captain

Re: Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself

I'm a 49 year old with a beautiful wife, a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. I have a BS in Earth and Planetary Science with a concentration in geology and a minor in engineering. I'm just starting on a Master's degree in Engineering Management. I've spent several years working in the petroleum business as a well site geologist in the Gulf of Mexico area and here in the northeastern USA. After the oil business crash in 85 I moved to DC and worked as a geologist and geophysicist doing environmental work and eventually I started working with unexploded ordnance (UXO) performing detection and mapping. The UXO work has allowed me to visit Europe several times, live in Maui for months while working on Kaho'olawe Island, and has allowed me to help with landmine issues in Africa and Southeast Asia. However, now that I have a family the world trotting to the garden spots had to stop. So, I moved home to the Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands and now I'm working with a non-profit on geoenvironmental issues.