View Single Post
Old April 5 2014, 11:23 PM   #1722
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
bbjeg wrote: View Post
My point is, if you're going to change everything, don't call it Days of Futures Past. With what has occurred in the movies so far, this is the closest they can get to DoFP so I'll accept the naming but if all of a sudden they have an actual time machine to physically send someone back and they send Kitty, she has no frame of reference in the 70s. She'd be one of the worst to send back.
If you send the same character who went back in time in the comic but bend the rules of time travel to allow that, it's changing everything, but if you send a character who famously dies in the future back in time, it's not? I hardly think that's changing everything. We're still talking about an X-Men storyline involving a dystopian future, Sentinels, and traveling back in time to change that future. The details are clearly being changed either way and I don't think the exact rules of time travel are important.

Granted, it's been a long time since I saw the 90s version, but was Bishop's memories sent back in time or did he physically travel?
Check my bold text above. The X-Men movies can't do DoFP because the universes are different. The reasoning for physically sending Kitty back in the movie universe (regardless if she was the one they sent back in the comics) is flawed. Why is she going back to to 70s instead of the 2000s? How will she find Professor X in the 70s? If future Professor X told her, why didn't he go back?

And they didn't send Kitty back in the cartoon because it wouldn't have make sense either. She didn't even exist in the series.

Last edited by bigboojeg; April 6 2014 at 05:26 AM.
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote