View Single Post
Old April 5 2014, 09:57 PM   #1717
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Why did Kitty Pryde go back in time in the comics? Why not Xavier or Magneto then?
Specifically speaking, those two were dead.

More generally, the excuse for sending Kitty back into her younger body in the comics was that her younger self was the X-Men's newest recruit, and hadn't been trained to block psionic attacks yet.
Magneto was crippled.

bbjeg wrote: View Post

They send her back in time instead of her memories?
Then why not just send Professor X or Magneto back?
Why did Kitty Pryde go back in time in the comics? Why not Xavier or Magneto then?

My only point is this. Some things would have to be changed from the comics no matter who was sent back in time. Therefore, they're only limited by the imagination of the writers and a consideration of what would make the most interesting story. I fully understand that Ellen Page is probably not the person they'd select to star this film. However, the reason for not choosing her has nothing to do with the rules of time travel because those rules are just as changeable as the person to send back in time.
My point is, if you're going to change everything, don't call it Days of Futures Past. With what has occurred in the movies so far, this is the closest they can get to DoFP so I'll accept the naming but if all of a sudden they have an actual time machine to physically send someone back and they send Kitty, she has no frame of reference in the 70s. She'd be one of the worst to send back.

Last edited by bountifulboxesjeg; April 5 2014 at 10:12 PM.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote