View Single Post
Old April 3 2014, 12:34 AM   #29
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Re: Doctor/Seven Thread

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
The Doctor was in love with Seven, even I could see that. And given enough time, I could totally see her returning his affections. And it's certainly not unheard of for a teacher to fall in love with a student (or the reverse). In fact I think Doctor/Seven would have been the most realistic of all the possible Seven pairings I can think of. In a way, they have more in common than a lot of people realize.
It's not unheard of for a teacher to fall in love with a student, but pursuing those affections is, shall we say, a very French thing to do. It's unethical and it leads to the teacher having the majority of the power in the relationship. Just like Bashir and Serena could never have really been equals in a relationship, neither could Doctor and Seven. Seven needed to develop her sexuality on her own terms, not just reciprocate the first affection directed toward her. Maybe if they went separate ways and met again years later.

Heh, I can see that meeting. "Doctor, you are very kind. But I could never love a man with a personality."
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote