View Single Post
Old April 2 2014, 04:35 PM   #688
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Campe98 wrote: View Post
So, interesting Teddy Roosevelt fact... He was married twice. The first time to the love of his life. She died after shortly after giving birth to their second child. The second, to a friend.
Alice died the same day at TR's mother, as I recall, so it was a double emotional blow.

If I remember correctly, there's only one existing photograph of Alice Roosevelt, and very little of their correspondence has survived. Roosevelt went out of his way to behave as though Alice never existed, and he carefully tried to erase her memory because he was so devastated by her death.

There's some thought that the reason TR's daughter Alice was such a wild child was because TR found her too emotional painful to deal with because she reminded me too much of his first wife.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote