View Single Post
Old April 2 2014, 12:58 AM   #2782
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Winnie The Pooh Home Run Derby on Flash.

It's a simple baseball batting cage minigame where Winnie the Pooh, that'd be you, has to defeat 8 opponents pitching balls at you. You have to hit X homeruns out of Y balls to advance to the next opponent. The game's pretty fun, but it has a reputation for it's surprisingly brutal difficulty. Yeah, it's pretty fucking hard. I'm currently stuck on Level 6 -- damn Owl!
This post brings back so many bad memories.

Baseball is serious business in the 100 Acre Woods.
Well, I beat Owl. I grinded for a bit on Rabbit to get points to build up my control stat, and then it wasn't so bad. Tigger, on the other hand, seems like he could be a real problem regardless of stats. When he pitches, the ball turns invisible halfway to the plate, so it's obviously tricky to get the timing right. He also varies the speed of his throws, so you can't memorize the timing. You have to watch each ball until it disappears, move your bat to the proper position, and then calculate the timing anew each time. I'll get him eventually.

I'll probably grind my stats to max on Rabbit before I face Christopher. I am going to beat this game.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote