View Single Post
Old April 1 2014, 09:33 PM   #1257
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

While Levine is certainly certifiable, I can't doubt his enthusiasm. And one that last for as long as the show exists. True, his weird non-commitment to audio Who is, well, plain stupid - especially when at its best, Big Finish actually enriched the OldWho background with more character-driven stories than the ones transmitted, especially in the case of the 80's Who. And as he's doing recons of stories not only originally-to-be-done (usually using Big Finish as resource), but also creates stories basically out of thin air, most famously his Gallifrey project, he comes off as highly, highly hypocritical.

In any case, however, I do agree occassionaly with what he says. I mean, if, and thats a big IF, Phil Morris has episodes found but simply waits for "the right time", then he is a douche too, for he's holding them off for no good reason. I'm not an apologist to those kinds of people - now, if the secrecy was similar to the recent discoveries of Enemy of the World and Web of Fear, where they were worked on by the Restoration Team all this time and when they were done, they were released, that I get behind. Its better to get a finished result with the said revelation, especially if its coming out of nowhere.

In any case, I do hope, like many, if not all fans, that most, if not all missing episodes will be found and released, eventually. And preferably sooner, rather than later.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote