View Single Post
Old April 1 2014, 09:22 PM   #92
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW
Re: CBS's "Rules of Engagement" for Star Trek Fan Films

CBS was asked and the answer was, basically "it is inadvisable, legally, to "crowdfund" an unlicensed Star Trek film prodcut"

Which, to me, means they are sitting and waiting until they can inflict as much damage as possible. If they just stopped them in the act, then the folks just wouldn't get any money. If they wait until something is finished, and then demand the money collected as well as damages -well, then that's going to send those particular productions/people into a pretty nasty situation. That's just my opinion, but it's what I think is going to happen.

The one thing CBS doesn't like is someone that directly spits in their face. I've personally seen it happen, and was personally involved in one such incident. I am legally not allowed to expand further on that - but I CAN tell you that the above is exactly what happened and I am STILL seeing stars and unable to breathe from how they handled it, and I wasn't even the party they slapped down and put in their place. (and, no, it wasn't RFS either.)