View Single Post
Old March 31 2014, 05:47 PM   #667
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel planning Guardians of the Galaxy movie!

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
Also, I really wouldn't use Trek are a basis for these frames of reference. Indeed it's one of the worst offenders for misusing or inconsistently using scientific terminology, to say nothing of the gibberish they flat-out made up. You may as well cite the demon dimensions from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' for all it's scientific accuracy.
Well I don't think Star Trek has ever misused the term "dimension" for "quantum reality" except in the original "Mirror, Mirror".
^Pretty sure the term "quantum reality" is a made-up one. Indeed the way it's presented is a pretty loose interpretation of the branching universe theory. Again, using fiction as a reference for real science is generally not a good idea.

Indeed I think it's not a bad thing that the MCU has actually *corrected* the way the comics have presented these concepts. I'm not faulting the likes of Lee or Kirby, who have made no pretence of scientific knowledge (nor did it matter for what they were doing at the time) but with the way the films and TV trying to ground some pretty out there stuff with at least and impression of reality, then it's good that they're using *actual* reality as we currently understand it, rather than just hand-waving it.

Last edited by Reverend; March 31 2014 at 07:10 PM.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote