View Single Post
Old March 29 2014, 07:35 PM   #46
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW
Re: Are any of the fanmade Trek productions actually good?

Timewalker wrote: View Post
andriech wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I think P2 have dropped their adaptation of "Mind Sifter", along with their prequel story "Origins"
Nope, they just scrapped the existing footage and my script for Mind Sifter. James posted on FB that someone else was writing a new script and they planned to film it this June.

The footage for "Origins" has problems that won't allow them to finish it as written. Numerous other options have been discussed - including using it as a "flashback" in another episode, or just starting over again as with Mind Sifter. They haven't announced a decision as to what will ultimately happen with it.
That's great that you're still going to film it. I read the New Voyages version decades ago, the original version a few weeks ago, and the folks who write the Valjiir stories (see my sig) did their own take on "Mind-Sifter" with a story arc that delved into the events that happened on-ship during the year when Spock was the captain. No matter which version I've read, the core story is intense, and I'm very glad that someone decided to film it. I look forward to seeing the finished product when you folks are done.
eh...I don't think it's great. There's some really powerful writing and acting that will never be seen. And a story that was very important to both John Carrigan and I will not involve either of us. What a waste!

hehe....we know each other! (I'm the Koenig/Chekov gal) Never saw the Valjiir version of the "on ship" goings on, I'll have to check it out and see how it compares with my own script!

you can check out a couple of the scenes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzwNXLzu5Hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQKsWtM927E