View Single Post
Old March 28 2014, 10:11 PM   #977
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
I got my Jem'Hadar Cruiser & Cardassian Galor in today's mail as well. I wo

nder if this means we'll be charged again soon and get May's ships in mid-April, or if May's ships will show up at the end of April, or if May's will come in May and we'll have a shipless April?
You're over thinking it there, buddy. That said, I got my Jem Haddar cruiser and Galor class today as well.

I'm very impressed with the detail and mold of the Jem Hddar cruiser. The question about the paint job, can be answered by looking at the various pics in the mag. Especially the centerfold profile pics. Now then look at the under belly shot. On one of the ridges, you can see the very color of grey in a "lit" area. Which means that the darker "purple" color we're used to seeing is nothing more than the color the ship would look like in the darkness or shade of space. In fact, there's another shot in the mag in an action shot that is shot with top down lighting, and the ship is about as grey as our model is here. What I have a problem with is that they left off a bit of that burnt orange paint in the rear along those curved pointy things to each side of the impulse engine.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote