View Single Post
Old March 28 2014, 03:50 AM   #1249
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Takeru wrote: View Post
What is Ian Levine thinking, that this guy sits on a throne built out of film cans, cackling all day and waiting for Levine to croak so that he can finally make his move to grab money, fame and power?
I think Levine's anger stems from his fear of mortality. He truly believes that Phil Morris has found a massive haul of Doctor Who, plugging in virtually all of the missing gaps. He's afraid that he'll die and never get to see "Power of the Daleks" and "The Abominable Snowman" and all the rest ever again, and this causes him mental anguish. And so he lashes out at the person causing him that anguish -- Phil Morris.

The irony is that, someday, Levine will die and yet Doctor Who will go on. There will be decades of Doctor Who that Levine will never get to see, never get to experience, yet he's fixated on reliving the things he remembers from his youth. The tragedy of Ian Levine.
I go to hand it to you, you've turned this amusing diversion that is Ian Levine's tirades and outbursts and turned it into something which seems deep and profound.