View Single Post
Old March 27 2014, 02:34 AM   #749
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: IDW Star Trek Ongoing...

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Point taken about Mirrored.

But that reminds me about something. If Mirrored does indeed depict a unique quantum reality with a Narada and Jellyfish incursion, does that confirm that the Abramsverse was already a quantum reality of its own, simply nigh-identical to the prime reality and that the artificial black hole from Star Trek 2009 was intertemporal AND interphasic? Additionally, Parallel Lives didn't specify the genders of its versions of Spock Prime and Nero, meaning that they could also be male and not female Leonard Nimoy and Eric Bana. It seems to me that this gives credence to the idea of the Abramsverse being a pre-existing quantum reality.
The official party line from Abrams and his pals is that both the Prime Universe and the Abramsverse share the same history until Nero's arrival and subsequent destruction of the Kelvin in 2233. Certainly STID seems to support this with the models of the Phoenix, Ringship Enterprise, NX test module and NX-01 seen in Marcus's office.

IDW on the other hand seems to be depicting the Abramsverse as a separate alternate reality even before 2233. But since the comics aren't canon, this interpretation doesn't really mean anything.