View Single Post
Old March 26 2014, 11:47 PM   #6
starsuperion
Captain

Re: The Nature of the TARDIS

Psion wrote: View Post
Welcome back, Starsuperion! And with more gorgeous graphics. Your absence was keenly felt.

I watched "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS" and thought it was just a fun romp. Disappointing in that I wanted to see so much more, but cool for some of the events, locations, and visuals. But at no point did I even consider trying to rationalize the functionality of what I watched.

But you've quite believably applied reason where I saw none. The work you do is nothing short of brilliant. The best science fiction is that which is plausible, and while Doctor Who is fun and even fascinating at times, it's rarely plausible. It's a hodgepodge of gobbledygook held together with verbal prestidigitation, knowing winks, and a lot of wishful thinking.

And then you come along and suddenly one's bamboozled into nodding along with everything you write and draw and the whole fantastic universe of Doctor Who suddenly feels just within one's grasp!

My only regret is that Moffat et al have not hired you to function as the show's Mike Okuda, Rick Sternbach, and André Bormanis (Star Trek's graphics artists, and technical and science consultants). With your services, they could start putting together shows with remarkable technical consistency.

Now get back to work, please. I want to stroll the time-allocated particle corridors of the TARDIS some more.

Psion, I am extremely humbled by this post. to date this is the warmest reception I have had coming back here, and I must say that I feel completely happy knowing that I did well in trying to think logically about the nature of the ship. It has been a long road to this point, and after several.. no wait.. hundreds of different positions, changes in thinking, theories, reading up on physics, watchin physics videos, some so extremely boring it took sludge coffee to remain engaged.. Not to mention the tireless hours of contemplation and nagging myself to try to write out the theories rolling around in me noggin. I final have piece of mind and clarity, which is something that has been lacking in this whole endeavor from the moment I committed to figuring out the secret behind the ship itself. I think I went mad at some point, and came back to reality, and then back to Madness, and reality over and over again! I now know so much and understand so much about it, that I think if Mankind ever got our act together and developed technology advanced enough, we could indeed become Timelords ourselves!

Your encouragement has spurred me on, and I promise to not disappear again, as this time I have a secure place to live, and a clear and clarified direction from which to do the TARDIS Technical manual from, and a formal understanding of Physics to ground anything I do going forward.

If I was ever asked to be a Technical consultant on the show, I would certainly do so, as long as the BBC allowed me to teach the concept theories to the actor playing the Doctor and the writer's involved. That way they can keep it tight and real, and give that sense of Magic and wonder, while giving hope at the same time.. to me the magic and wonder of Star Trek has always been that it could be possible to one day attain such a desired technology and philosophy. I would jump at a chance to join Starfleet, but I would give up my left kidney to become a Timelord and pilot a TARDIS!!!

More art to come which will be an explanation of the above Nature of the TARDIS text in diagram format, I will be posting it here for all to see! thanks again Psion, for the warm welcome, and the kind words of encouragement. I am truly humbled by it, and am glad to be back here and hear from you again my friend.

Last edited by starsuperion; March 26 2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Grammar
starsuperion is offline   Reply With Quote