View Single Post
Old March 26 2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: The Nature of the TARDIS

Welcome back, Starsuperion! And with more gorgeous graphics. Your absence was keenly felt.

I watched "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS" and thought it was just a fun romp. Disappointing in that I wanted to see so much more, but cool for some of the events, locations, and visuals. But at no point did I even consider trying to rationalize the functionality of what I watched.

But you've quite believably applied reason where I saw none. The work you do is nothing short of brilliant. The best science fiction is that which is plausible, and while Doctor Who is fun and even fascinating at times, it's rarely plausible. It's a hodgepodge of gobbledygook held together with verbal prestidigitation, knowing winks, and a lot of wishful thinking.

And then you come along and suddenly one's bamboozled into nodding along with everything you write and draw and the whole fantastic universe of Doctor Who suddenly feels just within one's grasp!

My only regret is that Moffat et al have not hired you to function as the show's Mike Okuda, Rick Sternbach, and André Bormanis (Star Trek's graphics artists, and technical and science consultants). With your services, they could start putting together shows with remarkable technical consistency.

Now get back to work, please. I want to stroll the time-allocated particle corridors of the TARDIS some more.