View Single Post
Old March 26 2014, 04:23 AM   #49
clint g
Admiral

Re: Suggestions for desktop computer?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Melakon wrote: View Post
I'm not looking forward to Windows 8. My dead machine was running Windows 7 which didn't give me much trouble and had 4 gig ram, though it was already 4 years old.

It will be several months before I can afford to get anything though, hopefully I can get something before summer's over.
I wish people would just stop demonizing Windows 8. I run 7 on one, and 8 on another computer. The metro interface is quickly gotten rid of, and then it's like a Windows 7 Service Pack.

There's absolutely no fucking reason at all to complain about getting Windows 8 when buying a new computer.
Yes there is. It sucks and its unwieldy. It's too complicated to perform tasks that were readily available in Windows 7. Above all, most store purchased laptops with Windows 8 feature those god awful gestures that just get in the way. Can you manipulate Windows 8 to be like Windows 7? Yes you can. But why on earth do that when you can just have Windows 7 installed in the first place?

As for the topic, I would suggest checking out newegg.com. They're a reliable company and they're always offering deals on mid-range computers.