View Single Post
Old March 22 2014, 05:44 PM   #127
billcosby
Commodore

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Six

That's alright Reverend,- I got the Maul point of your message.

Anyway - I am certainly not losing sleep over the mishandling of the return of Darth Maul. There's very little for me to complain about in TCW now that it's all over so this is just one thing. Otherwise, I'd say it's a masterpiece that very much highlights the prequel era in a more flattering way than the films do.

My point was I just think it's silly to assume any large number of fans of the series are going to rush out, but whichever 4 or 6 issues they are planning to wrap this storyline up in and find it nearly as satisfying as a properly produced arc of the series. That may be an obvious point but I hope Christopher's suggestion comes to fruition; that material used for print in canceled series' make their way somehow into the fold again. And it will be very interesting to see how many (if any) TCW characters make it into Rebels. We will all have to wait and see.

By the way, Maul may not have been the "main" villain of TPM, but wasn't his face plastered everywhere, all over the merchandise, kids dressed as him for Hallowe'en, KFC frisbees, etc. Although he wasn't the main villain storywise, he most certainly was the main one in the marketing.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote