1) Her (2013) - A
2) Saving Mr. Banks (2013) - B+
3) The Dallas Buyers Club (2013) - B
4) Frozen (2013) - A
5) Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - B
6) Rush (2013) - B+
7) Blackfish (2013) - B
8) The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) - A

Went to see TGBH yesterday and absolutely loved it. It was quirky, fun, and Wes Anderson at his best. During the trailer, I got a Moonrise Kingdom (My surprise movie of 2012) vibe from it, and I felt that during some of the scenes in this movie, especially with Edward Norton. I loved the chemistry between Finnes and the guy who played the Lobby Boy (Who was very good by the way) and it was just a fun and entertaining movie.

I also saw it at an independent theater, and it was a blast from the past. I'm so used to going to these big theaters like Cinemark and AMC but it was only playing at a smaller theater and the atmosphere was so much more intimate and less "corporate". I also saw some trailers to films I probably would never see, like the Dune Docu-Drama, Belle, and Particle Fever, which looks really interesting. Also saw a trailer to Nymphomiac, and man does that movie look disturbing, not to mention I've never seen a trailer with nudity and a whole lot of sex. It was a nice and different experience.

Netflix
Theater: 6 (+1)
Itunes 1
Blu Ray/DVD/TV 1

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote