Re: Movies Seen In 2014

1) Wargames - B+
2) Play The Game - B
3) Battle Los Angeles - B+
4) Despicable Me 2 - B
5) Minority Report - C-
6) District 9 - B+
7) How Do You Know? - F

First F of the new year. This movie proves that Paul Rudd can't carry a dramatic movie and that Owen Wilson is dangerously close to the same title. Why Jack Nicholson is involved in a stinker like this is beyond me.

8) Walk The Line - A-

I was really surprised by how much I liked this move. Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash can play those moments where he had the childish moments, the drug induced moments, the angry moments and do it all convincingly.

And once again, Robert Patrick shows up as that bit player that is like a chameleon from role to role. I know that I when I see his names in the credit, I'm in for a good movie.

9) The Butler - A+

I couldn't find a flaw in this movie. With the subject matter, this movie could've become preachy about civil rights and while it does, it isn't intrusive.

Forest Whitaker and Oprah take their roles seriously and resist the over acting that can come from either of them. All the presidents were well played, but I was particularly impressed by Robin Williams as Eisenhower. For an actor that makes his living on being flagarant and over the top, it was amazing to see him a subdued role.