View Single Post
Old March 17 2014, 12:46 AM   #15
Ro_Laren
Commodore

Re: Did Denise Crosby Lobby for Sela to Appear on DS9?

Clark Terrell wrote: View Post
Ro_Laren wrote: View Post
As most of you already know, Denise Crosby (a.k.a. the actress that played Lt. Tasha Yar on TNG) created the character of Sela and convinced TPTB to incorporate Sela in TNG episodes. It seems to me that Denise Crosby could have also convinced TPTB to have Sela appear on DS9 as well, especially during the Dominion War episodes. Has anyone ever heard anything about this? Of course, you could say that Sela lost her standing in the Empire as a result of the snafu seen in Unification II. Perhaps she was sent to jail (or executed) as a result of her failures in that episode.
I remember hearing rumors that she advocated for some sort of role during the Dominion War. She also tried to get a part in Nemesis. I don't know much more than that, though.
Wow, I never knew that she tried to get Sela a part in Nemesis. There was a way for her to be in the movie and to satisfy all of those that don't like Sela... they could have put her in the Senate room to be assassinated with all of the Senators! I'm not saying they had to make her a Senator, but she could have been giving a mlitary report to them or in a role a post-Unification demoted guard!
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote