View Single Post
Old March 16 2014, 11:47 PM   #223
Campe98
Commodore

Re: Veronica Mars Movie - Kickstarter

$10 million? Not bloody likely. Even if it were to get the $2.5 million they were predicting this weekend? Wouldn't happen. This movie is not even playing in every major market. It is only playing in AMC theaters at the moment and there are a lot of areas that don't have that chain. (Here's the list. Kinda lopsided, don't you think?) Again, it's not playing where I'm living -- the Greater Nashville area. It's not even playing in my state! Granted, I just moved from Peoria, Illinois and it's all over the state there... but, ya know, it ain't playing in Peoria.

So, as I've been trying to say, bigdaddy, and you've been ignoring for what are normally fair rules about film:

Typical box office rules do not apply here.

You cannot utilize box office results alone in order to prove whether this movie is successful or not. People will not necessarily travel for this. You have to take VOD into account here. I paid $7 to rent this sucker at home. I'm about to put down $20 so I can own my own digital copy of it this weekend, just to put in for the cause of seeing a sequel. And we aren't going to see those numbers for awhile. We may not see them at all.

I'm ultimately not saying that you're wrong. We may not see a sequel. I'd say we're 50/50 right now still. But I'm not willing to call gloom and doom until we see how it did in people's homes.

Last edited by Campe98; March 16 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Campe98 is offline   Reply With Quote