View Single Post
Old March 16 2014, 10:51 PM   #242
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: list of boyfriend rules

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I know my views may be old-fashioned. As a widower who lost his soul mate to a distracted driver, I tend to compare future mates to the high standards we shared. Why would I want someone who is not compatible?

IDIC is more than GR's commercial gimmick. It means 3 things:
1 -"Can't we all just get along?"
2 -"Live and let live."
3 -We are all different, yet together we are complete.

I don't dislike you based upon the standards you set. Please don't dislike me for mine.
No one has judged you for whatever personal standards you choose to live by. If you don't want to kiss on a first date, that's your business. It's when you treat your personal preferences as the standard for all others to follow, or look down on those who do something different, that people tend to call you on it.

You insinuated that kissing on a first date is indicative of people who are only interested in dating for sex as if it were fact for everyone. That's not true, and people pointed that out. That's all.

Also, throwing out IDIC as a philosophical afterthought doesn't give one carte blanche to be rude or judgmental beforehand. People on this board misuse and abuse the meaning of IDIC only slightly less than they do political correctness.
Since I did not "put anyone else down" nor condemn them, even when ridiculed, your calling me out is pointless.