View Single Post
Old March 16 2014, 03:23 PM   #909
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Frontier wrote: View Post
Yanks wrote: View Post
Frontier wrote: View Post

I presume you're talking about the retractable/deployable weapons? IE, the weapons that aren't ever seen on DS9 unless and until they're needed and thus activated and thus exposed.

While it would be awesome for them to be shown, it makes perfect sense why that wouldn't be. They're only visible 0.1% of the time: when the station is in battle. So basically a handful of times since we first saw them in Way of the Warrior.

If we're going to lament things like that, we'd have to lament the lack of actual docking clamps and runabout landing pads that lower and raise and a lot of other little tiny things too...
Hey, that would be great!

I know the photon torpedo launchers extended, but the circular base is permanent. Just thought they could be seen.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...s9_station.jpg
Oh it's there. It's just tiny. Those weapons are housed on the little tiny outward-facing, uh, pylons (?) on the runabout docking ring area. I just picked my DS9 up and looked and you can see a little circle dome area on that area.
Damned if they aren't!

I was looking on the upper and lower pylons!!

Thanks!