View Single Post
Old March 10 2014, 06:46 AM   #159
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The X-Files - First Time Watching

War of the Coprophages & Syzygy

I'm not sure how much I'm going to talk about these episodes, but I wanted to bring this thread back just to say I'm still watching the series, but I've been sick and busy lately and haven't gotten around to it. It seems like Sunday Nights are the best nights for these episodes (Not much else is on that I'm interested in) but also, I still want this thread to continue, even if I passed some really cool episodes and I was the only one to bring them up. Honestly, I thought there was more of an X-Files following here but maybe not.

Anyway, these two episodes were X-Files goes crazy. One deals with mechanical Cockroaches, and the other deals with Planets aligning and everyone acting crazy. The episodes did have two things in common though, and that was Mulder getting a bit of a love interest making Scully jealous, and the theme of mob mentality (We really haven't changed much in 20 years, unfortunately ) taking center stage. Also, both episodes brought out a bit of humor, with the first episode working more than the second episode did. I will say though, these two episodes makes me wish we had another Mythological episode coming up. The recent two parter kind of turned things inside out that I'm looking forward to some kind of follow through.