View Single Post
Old March 10 2014, 02:23 AM   #456
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Some, off the top of my head, that were probably already mentioned:
*Sid Haig was a gangster in the James Bond film Diamonds are Forever and is known by many of us 80s kids as the villain from Jason of Star Command. (And, he now plays characters in Rob Zombie films).

Sid Haig was also in Coffy w/Pam Grier...also playing a villain.

*Roger C. Carmel was in the Clint Eastwood film Breezy. The friend of the fifty-something protagonist portrayed by William Holden who is dating the onscreen girl of the title who is around 17 years old.

*I still find it funny that Fred Williamson was in an episode of Star Trek. Williamson was in a lot of films in the 1970s, and in later years. In That Man Bolt, he portrayed the courier Jefferson Bolt who came across a love interest in Hong Kong portrayed by another Trek performer, Miko Mayama.

*The actor who portrayed Cloud William from 'The Omega Glory' I recall was a detective (?) in Chinatown with Jack Nicholson. He was also a villain in the Paul Newman film Harper.

*Pamelyn Ferdin, who I understand was big during the 70s, voiced Lucy van Pelt in a Charlie Brown episode I used to watch frequently as a little kid - Play it Again, Charlie Brown. I also saw her - thanks to Youtube - in episodes of Vega$,Beretta, Odd Couple, Shazam, and Streets of San Francisco. (I understand that she is a big animal rights activist right now, and seems to be pretty serious about it).